Sunday, June 19, 2011

First Week or So =)

Hey!! So I'm going to start off a little behind. I'm going to go waaay back (Two weeks ago) and start from there...
June 6th, (My birthday=D)
We, meaning my parents and I, left the house and got some breakfast before heading off to the airport. Once at the airport we prayed with Tony, Carrie and the Barkers. I was pretty happy to see Bill before I left because I almost didn't see him for the whole summer!! It would have been sad. I went past security and soon enough I was off on my way to Sacramento, CA for training. I got off the plane and headed overt to baggage claim where I met Charles McClung, the missions director for California. After checking in with him I got my luggage and was being introduced to people. Finally I was introduced to one of my partners Cheyenne and her parents Tracy and Allen. The two of them we're off on their way and I started talking to Cheyenne. She is such a sweetheart. Eventually we were joined by a girl named Liz, then came Jackie. Then Maggie and Ana came later. We had a lot of fun sitting in that airport for 4 hours waiting for everyone to show up. After everyone arrived we headed off to our 'party bus' and started off on our 3 hour drive out to Jenness Camp. The back of the bus (as bad as that sounds. Everyone in the back of the bus talked and played games, everyone in the front didn't talk to us) had a lot of fun together. When we got to the camp everyone dropped off their stuff and went to dinner. The whole week was amazing and I made many friend I've come to love. My partners and I get along very well and I absolutely adore them.

No comments:

Post a Comment